[rbak-nsp] Re: Force users traffic to MPLS hub

Blake Willis blake at ibrowse.com
Fri Mar 9 12:17:52 EST 2012

On 9 Mar 2012, at 18:00, Jim Tyrrell wrote:

> I have a Hub and spoke MPLS setup which consists of a Cisco router
> as the hub and 3 SE600 contexts which are the spokes.  I have it
> configured in such a way that the contexts can not communicate with
> each other and must go via the Hub (I have seperate route targets
> for upstream and downstream traffic), what I want to do now is
> ensure that 2 users connected into the same context cannot route
> between each other and must also route via the hub.
>
> Is there a way I can force a users traffic to go into the MPLS and
> so to the hub rather than direct between them?  I had a look at the
> forwarding profile setup but I don't think I can do this by forcing
> the next hop IP?

We just use a forward-policy on the subscriber to redirect the
upstream traffic to the loopback of the "hub" context.  This works
just as well for inter-context traffic as for MPLS L3VPN destinations
on other boxes.

Be aware that inter-context import/export and MPLS route-target
import/export don't behave the same way in SEOS (even though they use
the same route-maps, routes won't have the same weight, etc.), so
make sure that you test all your route maps for both cases...

Best regards,
---
  Blake Willis
  Network Architect