[rbak-nsp] PPA2 memory organization

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue May 8 19:19:14 EDT 2012

hello,

I have to repair SE100 (it is a plague of PPA memory faults..)

I was trying to discover memory organization of PPA2.
In SE100 each PPA has:
- 8x 32M16 chips (so 265MB of 16Bytes words)
- 4x 32M8 chips (so 128MB of 8Bytes words)
(if there are some chips on the bottom of PCB, then more (x2), but I
haven't check it yet).

Now, I suppose that one is for FIB, the other - packet memory.
I would say, that smaller (128MB) is for packet contents, larger for FIB.

In diagnostics report, there are 2 memory reports related to single PPA:
IPPA Memory
IPPA SRAM Mem Test

Anyone knows which is which ?
If fiest fails, should I repair 128Mx8 or 256Mx16 ??

Regards,
Marcin