[rbak-nsp] Subcriber route and metric

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Mon Jan 21 20:22:26 EST 2013

> I've implemented multi context Master/Backup with MPLS L3vpn, and rt import/export.
> It's cleaner, but more complex.

It supposes that the cpe terminated in the backup context uses a spare, empty link?
We wanted to use everything possible :)

>> We use SE600 as multiservice routers (LNS, Core/Edge) with last gen cards & 11.1.2.x.
>> It works, so far.
>>
> We are not unhappy with our two SE400 (as LNS only) but they are soon out of support.
> So we are looking for replacment for at least five more years, and the Ericson/Redback hardware looks a bit outdated and so expensive. (15K for a SE100, are they serious ?)

The main competitor is the ASR1000, as LNS. But I think the price is higher than that... The centralized model used within an ASR1000 (like in old ESR10k) is easier to deal with if the traffic is heavy, but more expensive.

I guess a pair of SE600 shouldn't be terribly expensive, but still more than 15K :)