[rbak-nsp] Access-Link-group utilization

beni at f1-corner.de beni at f1-corner.de
Fri Jun 21 04:05:25 EDT 2013

Hello Redback-nsp,

does anyone of you know the load-balancing algorithm for access-link-groups?

We recently activated link-group per access-aggregation-switch (2x Cisco
76xx, same config on all access-ports and same number of access-links per
switch) and see unbalanced link-utilization within each link-group.

Config link-groups Redback:
link-group SWITCH-1 access economical
 description SWITCH-1 Port-channel1
 encapsulation dot1q
 qos hierarchical mode strict
 qos policy queuing GE-PWFQ
 dot1q pvc 1040 profile OUTGOING encapsulation 1qtunnel
  description RING1
  dot1q pvc on-demand 1040:10 through 300 profile INCOMING encapsulation
pppoe
   idle-down 36000
   bind authentication pap chap context local maximum 8000
  dot1q pvc on-demand 1040:1000 through 1999 profile INNER encapsulation
pppoe
   idle-down 36000
   bind authentication pap chap context local

[...]

from our point of view, all links should be load-balanced within a
link-group, or did we miss anything within the config?

SE400, Ge-10-port, SEOS-6.2.1.8

thanks