[rbak-nsp] clearing stale sessions

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu Nov 7 03:58:36 EST 2013

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 07:15:59PM +0000, Judith Sanders wrote:
> How do I clear stale pppoe/ppp sessions on my SE800, not one at a time
> but as a group without rebooting my box?  It shows I have 32k +
> sessions active, no way-only 4890 total and this number is not
> increasing as the box thinks there are no circuits left.

How could these be stale? Typically you have ppp keepalive and if the
client doesnt answer the keepalive 3 times the session will be dropped.

Also we typically give Session-Timeouts via RADIUS for all sessions to
the BRAS.  it might be some absurd time like 6 Weeks or 6 Months but at
least after that time all resources can be seen as garbage.

Flo