[rbak-nsp] SE100 - BGP Session failure - maybe bug?

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Thu Feb 13 03:22:24 EST 2014

Hi all,

Marcin Kuczera wrote:

> This is different problem, related to over 300 communities with prefix

You're right, Marcin. These UPDATEs are much bigger than the ones with the wrong aggregator AS.

I have an easy way for all, who like to debug these Messages:

Go to http://bgpaste.convergence.cx/ . This Tool was originally designed for Cisco-like Error messages, but is also useful for us.
Copy and paste the output from "show bgp malform update" to the text box in this way:

- copy the bytes starting with the 16 bytes of FF until the end
- paste this after the "Bad attributes" (leave a space in between)

Now this should look like this:

... Bad attributes ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ...

- copy the number of bytes from the command output ("1395 bytes") and paste it into the first line, same place in the form field

Example:

%BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: sent to neighbor x.x.x.x 3/1 (update malformed) 1395  bytes

- then arrange the bytes after the 16 "FF" bytes in a way, that you get an output with 2 bytes, a space, 2 bytes, a space and so on.

Then it should look like this:

0000 0d1c 0000 c35a 4003 04d4 5b08 19d0 0805 300d 1c00 160d 1c00 640d 1c00 7b0d 1c01 f60d 1c08 2ac3 5a00 c8fd ec07 21fd

- click on the button and see the decoding

I have also a way to make a wireshark readable pcap file from the error message. If someone is interested in, I could explain...

--
Regards

Thomas