[rbak-nsp] Dynamic ACL - Ascend-Data-Filter

Jim Tyrrell jim at scusting.com
Fri Mar 7 03:27:18 EST 2014

I'm trying to use the RADIUS attribute Ascend-Data-Filter to apply an
ACL to a subscriber but I cant get it to work.  Has anyone used
Ascend-Data-Filter, or another method to apply a custom ACL to a user?

I'm currently returning the following in RADIUS:
    Ascend-Data-Filter="ip in drop dstip 192.168.10.1 srcip 0.0.0.0 0
dstport = 80"

I think the syntax is right because if I purposely put something invalid
radius (Radiator) complains that it cant parse the attribute.  But I
dont see this attribute applied to the subscriber or see anything in the
SmartEdge logs suggesting an error.  This is on XCRP4 running 11.1.2.7p6.

Thanks.

Jim.