[rbak-nsp] DOS protection and olther security questions

Michael J. Gage mgage at localtel.net
Wed Mar 12 04:25:37 EDT 2014

I have had several colleges recently ask me for things I have done in my own network and if it could benefit theirs.
With the rise of problems on the internet and so many networks lacking security, I wanted to get some community opinions about security measures that you have found beneficial for your Redback routers.

Please share your experiences and advice but remember not to divulge information about your networks that could be used maliciously.
I am trying to get some feedback as well as share information across the community to help make all of our networks safer and more reliable.
If you would like information on administrative ACLs, I can help you privately.
To be clear, my focus is on customer data flow and not local security policies.

I understand that traffic policies and network security is something that most administrators are reluctant to share.
I would be happy to post information back to the community on behalf of individuals who would like to remain anonymous.
My goal is to help the administrators within the community who have needs or may not know that they have needs.

Thank you,

Michael