[rbak-nsp] SEOS - 12.1.1.9 - WARNING !

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Mar 12 07:06:56 EDT 2015

Hello,

I want to warn against SEOS 12.1.1.9...

Our config looks more/less like that:

- BGP
- IPTV
- BRAS (clips/pppoe)
- other supplementary contexts

2x 4x10G (PPA3) cards.
LAGs:
1/2 + 2/2
1/3 + 2/3
1/4 + 2/4

ports 1/1 and 2/1 work as single ports (some services do not work on LAG)

---------

2 times within 48 hours we had a sitiuation, that one of cards just
stopeed forwarding packages.
No worning, no crash. All BGP sessions remained UP, BFD UP, but
forwarding didn't work or worked randomatically.
This caused affection of non working BGP routes from other routers, so
all our autonomous system was OUT for a while.

We had to make emergency downgrade to previous release - 12.1.1.7p1

Perhaps in other configurations you should see no problems like that,
but just to keep you informed - there could be some problems.

Regards,
Marcin Kuczera