[rbak-nsp] Link down on 10GE card

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Tue Nov 24 06:55:18 EST 2015

I guess it is Rx Reconciliation sublayer Remote Failure Indication (10GE).

Some light is received by the SE600 optic on Rx, but Tx fiber to the facing equipment is cut somewhere and the facing equipment indicates it doesn't receive any light (via Remote Failure Indication).

Very old doc: https://www.iol.unh.edu/sites/default/files/knowledgebase/10gec/10GbE_fault_signaling.pdf <https://www.iol.unh.edu/sites/default/files/knowledgebase/10gec/10GbE_fault_signaling.pdf>

You get the same thing in fiber 1GE ethernet with autoneg (this is why deactivating autoneg is a bad thing).