[rbak-nsp] NAT Example Requests

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Aug 11 07:27:57 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-09 00:36, Michael J. Gage wrote:

> Your assumption is correct.
>
> This will be for a IPTV SetTopBox Environment.
>

> We will be providing DHCP on a quiet network to the STB VLAN.
>
> We want to allow access to specific internet based resources (advanced
> STB features).
>

> To break things down to a step by step, I would like to at least get a
> functional dynamic NAT for outbound traffic.
>
> I can collapse to a single context to complete the proof of concept phase.

Well, in theory it is possible, but our configuration for similar case
is different.
We have NAT on subscriber's profile - (policy access list can do
exception which classes to ignore so not to NAT).

In your case, defaultroute must be set to next-hop - another context,
and in that public context you might want
to use static NAT function.
But we have not tested this..

However, separate context for management (context local) is a good idea
that we use.
All other functions as BGP, BRAS, IPTV are in separate contexts.

Marcin