[rbak-nsp] SEOS - 12.1.1.9 - WARNING ! - same problem with 12.1.1.11

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Thu Mar 31 08:37:24 EDT 2016

We had exatly same problem with 12.1.1.11.

We use 12.1.1.11 on SE600 that works only as BGP - no problems at all.
However, on other (listed below) - we had the same f..up as with 12.1.1.9...

Very, very nasty, no log information, no crash, just randomaticall
disabled forwarding (even ARP works !)

Marcin

On 2015-03-12 12:06, Marcin Kuczera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to warn against SEOS 12.1.1.9...
>
> Our config looks more/less like that:
>
> - BGP
> - IPTV
> - BRAS (clips/pppoe)
> - other supplementary contexts
>
> 2x 4x10G (PPA3) cards.
> LAGs:
> 1/2 + 2/2
> 1/3 + 2/3
> 1/4 + 2/4
>
> ports 1/1 and 2/1 work as single ports (some services do not work on LAG)
>
> ---------
>
> 2 times within 48 hours we had a sitiuation, that one of cards just
> stopeed forwarding packages.
> No worning, no crash. All BGP sessions remained UP, BFD UP, but
> forwarding didn't work or worked randomatically.
> This caused affection of non working BGP routes from other routers, so
> all our autonomous system was OUT for a while.
>
> We had to make emergency downgrade to previous release - 12.1.1.7p1
>
> Perhaps in other configurations you should see no problems like that,
> but just to keep you informed - there could be some problems.
>
> Regards,
> Marcin Kuczera

Marcin Kuczera / Specjalista d/s telekomunikacji, Wiceprezes Zarza;du
+48 32 440 80 71/ marcin.kuczera at leon.pl <mailto:marcin.kuczera at leon.pl>

Leon Sp. z o.o.
ul. Kilin'skiego 33d, 44-200 Rybnik
http://www.leon.pl/

INTERNET | TELEWIZJA | TELEFON

KRS 0000223101 Sa;d Rejonowy w Gliwicach
Kapita? zak?adowy 282.500 z?
NIP: 6332068698