[rbak-nsp] L2TP - Multiple Remote IPs, One Remote Name

Dermot Williams dermot.williams at imaginegroup.ie
Wed Sep 21 20:03:21 EDT 2016

Hi List,

I need to terminate L2TP sessions from multiple remote LACs, each of which
uses the same hostname in its L2TP tunnel setup. Unfortunately these belong
to a third-party, so I can't do anything about the hostnames.

According to the docs the 'name' parameter to l2tp-peer must be unique so
it sounds like I can't do what I need with the SE but I was hoping one of
you had come across this scenario and had found a solution.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Dermot

IP Engineering Manager