[rbak-nsp] SE600 End of life status

Wojciech Wrona w0jtas at w0jtas.com
Thu Jul 27 10:39:38 EDT 2017

W dniu 27.07.2017 o 15:33, Marcin Kuczera pisze:
> On 2017-07-25 14:29, Phil Green wrote:
>> Jim,
>>
>> PS. Multiven provides _lifetime_ hardware and software maintenance service for all IP networking equipment from all OEMs e.g. redback, cisco, juniper etc.
>>
>> Hence you no longer need to panic into an unnecessary and expensive hardware refresh nor leave your network vulnerable to cyberattacks because of lack of software maintenance support coverage.
>
> But still, if Ericsson will not provide any new software update, no
> Multiven will be able to provide it too...
>
> Marcin

And what about hardware then? If end of life means what it suppose to
mean then no new hardware will be available on the market. So any new
needed line cards or i case of any failures we're dependent only on
second hand market :( How can Multiven provide hardware support when no
new hardware is manufactured ?

PS. Is this confirmed information ? I can't find it on ericsson web page
nor i can understand it becouse it is quite mature platform with good
views for many next years.

Best regads,
--
Wojciech Wrona