[rbak-nsp] SEOS and IPv6 DHCP

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Fri Jan 19 04:03:11 EST 2018

On 2018-01-18 14:23, Olivier Benghozi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have to choose new BGN gears to replace my old SE600s as LNS, and
> I'm quite interested to check at various points of view ; what made
> you choose the SSR (apart the copy/paste of old config) ?
>
> We'll investigate ASR1k / 7750 / MX / SSR...

The question is to Thomas, but I'll write my point of view.
Most of our subscribers use CLIPS. This is patent owned by Ericsson. It
is great, working perfectly, but I'am not sure about others implementing
this
the same way as ericsson does.

There is something called FSOL (First Sign of Life) on Cisco (ASR1001x,
ASR9001), however it is bit different than CLIPS, I mean - IP Pool is
bound to particular vlan, so IP utilization is not most optimal.
I was told that there is some workaround for this, but this might be a
bit difficult to migrate.

If there is a hardware config for SSR that would have same functions as
SE600 SEOS 12.1.1.12, that would be perfect replacemtn.
However, as traffic grows, ports with 40G/100G capacity are welcome.
SSR8801 already has 100G, but it is not QSFP, so I'am not sure if they
can work in 40G mode (we alredy have 40G ports, but not 100G ports in
switching core).

And licensing, ericsson does licensing per port and per function. So it
will be more expansive than previous series..

There is lot of questions to be asked still..

Marcin

> Olivier
>

>> Le 18 janv. 2018 à 13:26, Voigt, Thomas <Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
>> <mailto:Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de>> a écrit :
>>
>> > Intersting...
>> > So SSR will also suffer from PPA Crashes...
>>
>> No PPA crashes observed here on SSRs. But we are still in migration
>> phase, so there are not much subscriber sessions on those cards in
>> our SSRs.
>>
>> > Btw, is there any reasonable SSR config for BRAS ?
>> > I was wondering about 8801, but I'am bit sure now how about
>> functionality (BRAS) and if 100G port can work in 40G mode...

Marcin Kuczera / Wiceprezes Zarządu / CTO
+48 32 440 80 71/ marcin.kuczera at leon.pl <mailto:marcin.kuczera at leon.pl>

Leon Sp. z o.o.
ul. Kilińskiego 33d, 44-200 Rybnik
http://www.leon.pl/