[rc] Layer 2 MPLS - which routing protocol to use? WAS RE: anyone alive out there?

Joseph Jackson jjackson at aninetworks.net
Sun Mar 23 23:44:06 EDT 2008

Well lets talk about routing then. :)  We are planning on moving away from some DS3's to a layer 2 MPLS setup.  We have a little debate going on which routing protocol we should use to connect our sites.  Over the DS3 we use OSPF but I've been pushing to run iBGP since the routers also do eBGP.  Of course fast failure detection is a major goal so I'm just wondering what others might think about that.