[rc] Layer 2 MPLS - which routing protocol to use? WAS RE: anyone alive out there?

Liban malabow libanmohamed at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 00:32:13 EDT 2008

Joseph,

I would agree with you, BGP is your best solution, Are
you still debating L2 MPLS vs MPLS-VPN L3, MPLS-VPN L3
would be my advice. Make sure you understand the
security feature on your SP. alot of folks assume
MPLS-VPN is secure,but all you need is someone to leak
your RT to customer X.   BGP  have cool feature taht
will help you lower the convergence time by playing
with default timers, and enabling "ip bgp
fast-external-fallover"