[Sysmon-announce] sysmon-0.93-pre2 released for testing

Jared Mauch jared at sysmon.org
Thu May 11 18:00:18 EDT 2006

	So, as usual i'm always behind and never
doing much real work to solve issues, but perhaps i'll work
harder now on this.

	Here is sysmon-0.93-pre2, an attempt at a release canidate
for sysmon.  There have been a few changes to some of the
subsystem involved so I wanted to give everyone else a shot at
testing it out.

	Important changes/Fixes/things of note:

     * fix textfile display to properly account for dependencies [1]
     * reduce excessive cpu usage watching wall clock
     * hrmph, qsort fix maybe?
     * stab at fix for timing issue with needssleep() (should reduce cpu usage)

So, those are the notes in the Changelog, but the real important
note for most people is this release should reduce cpu usage
by about 50% for sysmon (maybe higher in some cases).  At least that
was the result in my setup, but I sighup hourly with a large series of
config files, which requires a lot of time spent in the parser.

[1] Changes the way objects are shown in the html file, in some
cases somewhat significantly for users.  I want some feedback on this.
It should supress some alerts, but may not do what you expect.
I may make the "old" way configurable as well.

	hope everyone still enjoys sysmon :)

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net