[sysmon-help] strange dependancy problem

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Mon Jun 2 15:28:58 EDT 2003

Just today I noticed that sysmon had stopped running and my
/var/log/sysmond.log logfile was 2 gigs.

All of the entries were complaining about a single tcp port not checked in
incrementing seconds.  The strange thing is that there is a ping test that
the port test depends on so this test shouldn't even be tried because the
ping test had failed

I'm running sysmon v0.91.19.  If I get a chance I'll dig in the code to
see if I can find the cause, but in the meantime since its a host that is
not really used I've removed the port check and it seems to have stopped
the problem

James