[sysmon-help] DNS query problem

Pete Carah pete at altadena.net
Thu Oct 23 14:43:58 EDT 2003

Maybe this is why the DNS query type isn't in the documentation?

I note that I can put type dns in, and all works fine until sysmond
receives a (apparently any) signal.  Then it expands till the system runs out
of swap, taking all CPU too.

My guess is that I am seeing a query and result out of order, or something like
what used to happen to elm if it quit back to the shell with ndelay still on...

This is in 0.91.19 and 0.91.20, on FreeBSD 5.1+ (current with a cvsup last
week) (though it has been doing this for some time).

I can with some difficulty test in SuSE and Solaris 9 if needed.

I would like to be able to do dns queries...

-- Pete