[sysmon-help] Using net-snmp

Terje Krogdahl terje at krogdahl.net
Mon Sep 29 08:15:47 EDT 2003

Is there a way I can use net-snmp instead of ucd-snmp? From the
output of configure:

checking ucd-snmp/version.h usability... no
checking ucd-snmp/version.h presence... no
checking for ucd-snmp/version.h... no

I'm running a RedHat 8 system with net-snmp on it:

[root sysmon-0.91.19]# rpm -q -a | grep snmp
net-snmp-5.0.6-8.80.2
php-snmp-4.2.2-8.0.8
net-snmp-utils-5.0.6-8.80.2
net-snmp-devel-5.0.6-8.80.2
[root sysmon-0.91.19]#

I tried replacing "ucd" with "net" in the configure script and in snmp.c,
but have had no luck so far.

--
Terje Krogdahl

  "If it's a question of the network going down, we get helicopters, air
   support, tanks - whatever we need," - Lieutenant Colonel Mims, Iraq