[sysmon-help] What am I doing wrong ?

Mark Pace Balzan mpb at melitacable.com
Thu Dec 21 03:49:11 EST 2006

Hi Noel,

Thanks for your email.

In my config, 10.0.0.215 is the IP of my sysmon box. I used the IP and
hostname rather than 127.0.0.1 and localhost, but I guess it doesn't
harm to try

I setup all dependencies on the sysmon box in the current config in an
effort to isolate the issue. I had a larger hierarchy before, with a
much larger number of objects, but the problem persists even with the
simplest config.

The log file doesn't point to anything wrong:

Dec 21 2006-09:06:05 : Starting sysmon v0.93-pre3
Dec 21 2006-09:06:05 : sysmond: INFO: hold queue set to 480000 for icmp
packets
Dec 21 2006-09:06:05 : sysmond: INFO: hold queue set to 202500 for
icmpv6 packets
Dec 21 2006-09:21:08 : dnscache - 18 hit 7 miss 0 exp 7 count entr 7 est
entries
Dec 21 2006-09:36:09 : dnscache - 36 hit 7 miss 0 exp 7 count entr 7 est
entries

Thanks

Mark