[sysmon-help] Variable Substitution?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Dec 3 20:22:58 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 6:59 PM, Johnson, Daniel <DJohnson at chguernsey.com> wrote:

> Not sure where I found it documented, but it works:
>
> set mailto = "foo at foo.com,bar at bar.com";
>
> object somebox {
>   ip "1.2.3.4";
>   type ping;
>   contact "$mailto";
> };
>
> Running v0.93-pre3.  I see no reason why I couldn't have a dozen of them
> instead of just one.

Excellent!

You know, I knew that looked really familiar and I'm sure I'd tried to
implement it once, but couldn't quite get the syntax right for setting
the variable. There's a hint at the functionality in the descriptions
for the ping <http://sysmon.org/config.html#pingTest> and pingv6
<http://sysmon.org/config.html#pingv6Test> test types.

My only question: does this work across files? For example, I've got a
main file that I includes a number of others, can I set it just once
in the main file and will it work for the other files that I include?
Or vise versa?

Thanks,

Morgan Aldridge
---