[sysmon-help] www test for POST data

John Gateley gateley at jriver.com
Wed Mar 7 21:27:30 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:05:13 -0500
Jared Mauch <jared at sysmon.org> wrote:

> 	the http test is fairly basic, if your backend form parsing
> works semi-reasonable it may be able to support both get+post style
> parameters so you could just specify a "really-long-url"(tm)

That's not convenient. It would be easier for me to pass a special
argument in the URL that says "use this default post data". I'm using
the POST data because it doesn't follow the "param=value" format.

> 	otherwise, if post support were implemented, how would you want
> to specify the parameters to be posted?

I use POST data because it isn't parameters - in this case I'm using it
to pass XML, and I have used it to pass raw binary data.

So, just off the top of my head, maybe a www-post type that takes a URL
and a file containing the actual POST data to use?

Thanks very much.