[sysmon-help] [ANN] Patch: HTML 4.01 Transitional Status File

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Jan 22 12:14:17 EST 2009

I want to revisit my previous plan to add Do-Not-Disturb periods to
Sysmon <https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/sysmon-help/2007-December/000195.html>
and so decided to jump into the code yesterday. I've further
familiarized myself with the source and decided to release the
following extremely minor patch as an exploration of the process:

http://makkintosshu.dyndns.org/development/#sysmon-patch-html-401-transitional-status-file

This patch file
<http://makkintosshu.dyndns.org/file_download/31/sysmon-patch-html_statusfile-4.01_transitional.diff>
tweaks dump_to_file() and add_line() in src/textfile.c resulting in
the following changes to the HTML status file:

- Page validates as HTML 4.01 Transitional (including DOCTYPE)
- TABLE uses TH for the column headers instead of TD
- TABLE contains THEAD & TBODY for improved control in CSS styling
- Elements & attributes are all lowercase

Please give me feedback if you give it a try. Also, any chance this
could this could make it into a Sysmon 0.93-pre4 release?

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/