[sysmon-help] Frequently failing Sysmon ping tests...

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Jul 31 11:08:03 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Daniel J. Luke<dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> Do you have the same issue with 0.92.2? I have an admittedly small config
> but have been running with it on 10.5 (client) for quite a while now with no
> problems (and only doing ping tests).

It's been a while since I ran 0.92.2 and I recall having some other
different issues with it. I'll try getting it up and running and see
what the results are.

I did diff src/icmp.c between 0.92.2 and 0.93-pre3 and the only
changes appear to be some timing and error reporting in
handle_icmp_responses() & service_test_ping(), but who knows what
other changes might be possible culprits.

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/