[VoiceOps] Call reconciliation across multiple elements

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Aug 2 09:54:38 EDT 2009

On Sat, 1 Aug 2009, anorexicpoodle wrote:

> For all of you out there with multiple call control elements in your
> network that might touch a single call, what methods do you use to
> correlate CDR's across multiple dissimilar platforms (SBC, softswitch,
> feature servers, LCR etc)?

Only way we found that is 100% is to build network probes that capture all
SIP/RTP traffic. This lets us have a wire view independent source of CDRs
that we can cross against broadworks, video conference, and other systems.

This system also provides us ladder view of call calls merging all
internal and external call legs and provides call quality stats on every
call leg.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com