[VoiceOps] Asterisk Security

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Aug 5 12:11:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Rhett Bassett wrote:

> Along the lines of sshguard is fail2ban --
> http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>
> Regex based, Pythonic, .deb packages...  What's not to like?

  The Pythonic part, the lack of a whitelist, the 10-20 or so configuration
  files...

  While it works just fine, sshguard:
     * is natively compiled code, optimized for speed and low cpu/memory usage
     * supports whitelisting
     * supports IPv6 (which nobody cares about, yet)
     * does not require filters (though doesn't always work with all log files)
     * recognizes hostnames

  I hope to get a bit more involved in sshguard development to include HTTP
  and Asterisk log support.

Beckman