[VoiceOps] SMS gateway API.

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Aug 9 20:47:41 EDT 2009

I'd agree with you on all counts.

Store-and-forward technology like SMS is wedged firmly in the jaws of
the incumbents, as they control the signaling path, device parameters,
and application gateways.  Dead end.

IP is a far better method for real-time, though SMS does have a higher
reliability for more "sketchy" geography or coverage areas, by nature
of its store-and-forward abilities.  One must consider the usefulness
of a large belch of store-and-forward messages upon coverage
restoration, so even this becomes less useful as your edge cases get
more grey.

JT