[VoiceOps] Geographic redundancy

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:29:27 EDT 2009

Yes IP makes it easier but you still have to 'plugin' to the PSTN somewhere
and in some fashion correct?  Unless you have nothing but SIP peering it
does get a little more complicated (although I'm new to the VoIP world and
do not know SS7).  Then you still have to worry about your call processing
platform: can it live with being greater than x ms apart from it's redundant
pair?  What about CDR's and reporting - how do you merge those coming from
multiple sources?  I would think there's also rate center and latency issues
as well with outbound routing of calls (send calls out the cheapest carrier
that will allow it).  I don't think any of it's impossible, but the presence
of IP doesn't remove all complexity.

I like David's idea of a VoiceOps working group to help define options.
Sounds like fun
Kenny