[VoiceOps] Geographic redundancy

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:37:05 EDT 2009

OK I see - from a CLEC perspective - is it a legal requirement to do so?
I've read some of this tonight:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/How+to+start+a+Clec and although it's
mentioned a bit I'm not clear on if it's a legal requirement of a CLEC (or
just implied because in 1996 that's just the way it was)

ITSP vs CLEC redundancy sounds like it's quite different then - if you must
have SS7 links.

>From an ITSP perspective - redundancy sounds like it comes down to IP
latency between signalling entities  and their capabilities, hardware, and
cash (like mentioned below).

Along those lines - I'm reading up on BW and geographical HA...
http://www.broadsoft.com/products/broadworks/platform/#network-geographic
-- anyone out there actually who has actually implemented it - if so what's
your experiences if you can share on list?