[VoiceOps] Geographic redundancy

David Birnbaum davidb at pins.net
Thu Aug 13 15:40:52 EDT 2009

Zero is nice, but may not be feasible.

I would say "it works" means that your failure scenario may run from "zero", in
which case the customer doesn't notice that you've lost half your trunking, to
what I would consider "minor", which means that most of your calls stay up and
perhaps dialtone/call setups fail for 10-20 seconds.

Any outage longer than that I would not consider acceptable (as part of the
five-nines we all aim for).

David.

-----