[VoiceOps] Does anyone implement RFC 3219?

David Hiers hiersd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:38:55 EDT 2009

Exclusivity is indeed a key part of the performance of the SS7
network.  Administrative controls are valid means to accomplish a
goal, just like technical and physical controls.  Another side of this
is the general recognition that you can't rely solely on technical
controls to defend against a determined malicious threat.

If you've got a huge pile of CAPEX, a fat stream of OPEX, and the
careers of several cords of VPs on the line, you think differently
than a guy that just figured out how to run asterisk in a vm for his
undergrad project.  If I can use administrative controls and financial
hurdles to exclude those that don't live and breath global stability
and uptime, sign me up.

David