[VoiceOps] Inbound Redundancy

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 24 10:12:36 EDT 2009

David Hiers wrote:

> Since there is no problem that cannot be solved by an additional layer
> of abstraction, I propose a Universal Title Translation that would
> overlay the Global Title Translation.
>
> I leave it to some physics wonk to pencil up a Multiverse Title Translation...

Oh, I think there's no question that it's absurd.  I just see it as a
more likely solution for the industry to pursue.  I don't see Neustar
countenancing OSPF-speed re-convergence in the NPAC.  :-)

In general, I think this concern about inbound redundancy is overblown
and unnecessary, although all sorts of fantastical "total redundancy"
schemes are a frequent topic in meetings with delusional Pointy Haired
Bosses.

If the voice portion of Level3 as a whole blows up, you've *probably*
going to have way, way bigger problems to worry about than your DIDs not
working.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems