[VoiceOps] Old code vs bold code

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Thu Dec 17 11:52:10 EST 2009

Unless I have a very good lab environment I try to stick with what we know
works unless a major issue shows up or the vendor refuses to support the
product on a given code.  I always prefer stability to bleeding edge.  That
said sometimes there really are new features that will provide new revenue
opportunities that will make it worth upgrading.

How many of us, especially smaller carriers, have true lab environments that
can test all the features and functions of our Class4/5 switches for
something like a major code upgrade without effecting the production network
at all?  This would include carrier A links and ISUP trunks (at least
simulated), LNP/CNAM dips, etc.

	-Scott