[VoiceOps] 10 digit craziness

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Dec 22 13:00:13 EST 2009

On 12/22/09 10:37 AM, David Hiers wrote:
> For the good of the order...
>
> We just worked through an issue in which 10 digit domestic calls were
> being routed (correctly) as domestic but rated and billed
> (incorrectly) as international.
>
> 503-nxx-xxxx were rated for El Salvador, etc.
>
> We caught it pretty early, and the carrier fixed it for us.  Still, it
> was a pretty interesting problem to work through, and something to add
> to your list of "things that can go wrong".

An interesting issue.  We almost had something similar happen internally
because one of our carriers (soon to be ex-carrier) only sends and
accepts ten digits on US calls, and country code without the + on
international.  The way our routing and billing is set up we expect to
use the country code on all calls.  They think we're strange to expect
it that way.

Something to add to the list of questions for potential carriers.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve

Advanced phone services simplified