[VoiceOps] t-mobile outage

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Wed Nov 4 00:21:29 EST 2009

So since we talk about Voice Ops here, what might cause this type of outage?
Seems to be one of the worst voice outages (as opposed to data) on a major
cell network in recent memory.

Most of the reports I see talk about people having bars but being unable to
complete calls, and some users report no data problems.  Sounds to me like a
SS7 signaling issue, or maybe there was an error in rolling out a switching
software update that took out a number of nodes that might have to be
recovered somehow, possibly on site.

                -Scott