[VoiceOps] DST handling

David Hiers hiersd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 17:16:06 EST 2009

I thought that ntp doesn't know or care about DST.  It works in UTC,
and the OS is responsible for any DST adjustment it wants to make.

If you're an hour (3600 seconds) off in NTP, and it takes 2000 seconds
to adjust for every second you are off, it'll take 7200000 seconds to
get back on track, which is about 83 days.  Seems kinda long...

David