[VoiceOps] Load balancing

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:58:05 EST 2009

I have come across the need for a stateful SIP load balancer with
fail-over and HA capabilities, and I am hoping some on this list can
chime in with some personal experience.

The need is not for a particularly large volume of traffic, more to act
as a socket to adapt my active/active model UM system to Metaswitch's
1:1 UM system model, which cannot support active/active application
servers. Yes I felt this was a strange omission in functionality as
well.

I have pretty much ruled out OpenSER/OpenSIPS/Kamilio because it isn't
stateful in HA failover. Passing it through an Acme is ridiculously
costly for the need i have, and most hardware based load balancers I am
finding just aren't sip-aware, so I don't see them doing much better
than OpenSER in a fail-over scenario, it would just be a different kind
of ugliness.

Thanks in advance