[VoiceOps] Load balancing

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 19:29:09 EST 2009

> anorexicpoodle wrote:
>
> > I have pretty much ruled out OpenSER/OpenSIPS/Kamilio because it isn't
> > stateful in HA failover.
>
> Who said you can't make it that way, with a little effort?  What state
> are you wanting to conserve?

Session state, so in the event the load balancers experience a failover,
new messages within existing sessions (re-invite, refer, bye etc) are
still routed appropriately. Obviously if the elements being load
balanced across experience a failure, sessions on the failed element are
gone, so I am not worried about that, just more about making the middle
as invisible as possible.