[VoiceOps] Free VoIP/Asterisk security webinar - FBI, VOIP SA, Digium

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon Nov 9 12:32:55 EST 2009

In the wake of genuine concerns (and a lot of FUD) that has recently
swirled around the question of VoIP security, Digium has decided to
put together a free webinar with participants from the FBI, the VoIP
Security Alliance, and Digium training staff.  It will cover some
general basics of the problem set as discussed by the FBI and VOIP-SA
representatives, as well as specific methods and techniques you might
be able to use to better-protect yourself if you're running Asterisk
or Switchvox (Digium's commercial Asterisk PBX) platforms.  I'm
certain anyone running any type of VoIP platform will be able to
benefit from the session, even if the Asterisk-specific discussion and
defense mechanisms do not exactly apply to your circumstances.

The participants of this list (voiceops) are possibly not in the exact
demographic of the user community that we're trying to serve, as you
are mostly senior engineering folk versus the mid-level or beginner
administrators and managers we're hoping will attend.  However, it
still may be interesting and is operationally relevant to many of you,
and certainly can be passed along to others to whom it may be new
information.  Feel free to pass this announcement around to other
lists or distributions which you think would be appropriate.

Webinar: Asterisk VoIP Security
Time:    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM CST (+30m Q+A)
Sign up: http://bit.ly/24L4Qi

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/