[VoiceOps] Issue with Cisco Catalyst Switch in IBM Blade Center

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Nov 25 14:42:33 EST 2009

On 11/25/09 12:32 PM, Ujjval Karihaloo wrote:
> How often does the issue occur ?

It was 100% of the time with one model of blade server in the chassis,
and never with another (older) model.  Dell was never able to get it
straightened out.  They wanted us to do things that had significant
downtime and risk, and we couldn't do it on a production chassis, so we
simply stopped using the more modern blades.

I should add that the same switch lost all of its settings and was
replaced during a system shutdown/restart.  It may have been a defective
switch.  Being a production system my ability to troubleshoot is
limited, so I just stuck in a replacement we had on hand for such
eventualities.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve