[VoiceOps] Open source SBC Solutions?

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:43:01 EDT 2009

Using SER as an SBC poses a few problems, namely its inability to act as
a B2BUA to sanitize headers and provide topology hiding. Anyone with a
rudimentary knowledge of SIP can easily discern where all your network
elements are and conduct targeted attacks if these services arent
present in your border element.

If you are dead set on building one out of open source, I would take a
long hard look at SIPPY, as it will give you most of the features acme
provides, though it wont do them out of the box. What it cannot do is
provide you with a clean stateful fail-over model, anything close to the
density offered by an Acme or the media handling capabilities.

Good luck