[VoiceOps] Open source SBC Solutions?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 1 18:02:16 EDT 2009

At the same time, you may not actually need an SBC.  People mean many
different things by the word SBC, and use them for many different
functions.

People who can afford them use them for all functions, and their vendors
obviously will try their best to ensure that an SBC is the minimal
needed to do *anything* that smacks of an administrative SIP border,
whether carrier-facing or end-user facing.

It is not necessarily true.  It really depends on what you need to do,
the operative constraints, the scalability requirements, etc.

But yes, let's be clear on the fact that OpenSER is not an SBC.  It's a
proxy.  Whether it might provide the subset of SBC functionality that
you need is another question.  But it should not be confused with an SBC.

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems
Web     : http://www.evaristesys.com/
Tel     : (+1) (678) 954-0670