[VoiceOps] BW install process

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Mon Oct 19 11:22:59 EDT 2009

Yes, I have noticed differences among R14 installations, including
SP9.  To have the most consistent results I recommend the following.

1. Ensure RHEL is already registered with Red Hat so Broadworks may
fetch files
2. When installing RHEL make sure you select the "Minimal"
installation; this option is at the bottom of the install screen
3. Install AS1, do not install any patches, install AS2; do the same
for the other servers
4. After all cluster nodes are installed proceed with your patch bundles
5. Begin your BWCLI configuration on the primary servers

When uninstalling Broadworks be sure to execute the uninstall-all
script and follow that up with deleting the /export/home/bwadmin
folder otherwise it won't be a 'fresh' reinstallation.