[VoiceOps] What to look for in a SIP Trunking concept?

Peter Childs pchilds at internode.com.au
Thu Sep 17 21:15:44 EDT 2009

I don't believe BroadSoft will perform this.  I assume you are
attempting to have one BroadSoft platform provide a Trunk as a Network
Element to another BroadSoft platform.

You may be able to use the SBC that you have between the platforms to
perform surrogate registration and/or authentication for you.

We have a customer with BroadSoft hooked up to a Trunk from our
BroadSoft.  We did it via Static connections between our Access SBC
and their edge SBC as their edge device was not capable of performing
surrogate registration and per-call authentication.

We needed to mangle a few things on the SBCs to ensure that scenarios
involving Diversions within their platform created valid messaging to
our platform.

I don't think BroadSoft have a BroadSoft Interop report performed
against a BroadSoft.  :)

Cheers,
   Peter