[VoiceOps] Acme Adaptive Hosted NAT Traversal

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:08:24 EDT 2009

Using it in production now, and I recommend using it from day 1, using a
fixed nat traversal interval will chew up CPU on your acme when you have
large amounts of HNT traffic. In switching from HNT to AHNT i saw a
10-12% drop in CPU usage and absolutely no negatives. I have found that
most endpoints will land in a 90-120 second nat timer which reduces the
total volume of registration traffic the SD must handle by 75% over the
non-adaptive method.

Just be aware of how your endpoints calculate their re-registration
timer since you may need to tweak it by a few seconds to get the 1st HNT
test to not collide with your endpoints short re-registration interval.