[VoiceOps] Acme Packet (Abraham Jacobowitz)

Matthew S. Crocker matthew at corp.crocker.com
Fri Apr 2 14:46:54 EDT 2010

In days long past I bought a Redback SMS-1800 off eBay and paid Redback to get it re-certified.  Once it was re-certfied I could buy a support contract on the box.  It was still cheaper than buying new,  best of both worlds I guess.   I don't know if Acme provides re-certification but it wouldn't hurt to ask.  It seems very wasteful to junk a perfectly good piece of hardware because the vendor only wants to sell new.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
President