[VoiceOps] UK NTS scam

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 03:27:21 EDT 2010

Colin wrote:
> Can someone explain to me what the scam is on calls to + 44844 (UK
> NTS).   I'm seeing a bit of traffic to these destinations and it just
> doesn't feel right, and they all answer to strange IVRs.  I'm
> assuming someone has had this issue before.

Calls to +44844 in the UK are charged to called at upto 5ppm and may
result in an outpayment to the number holder (in the order of 2-3ppm
[GBP 0.002 - GBP 0.003]).

What sort of calls are you seeing, long duration? What are you charging
the callers for these calls? Can you give an example of the next three
digits of the numbers (which will confirm the UK operator and charge).

Regards,