[VoiceOps] Cisco 2811

Peter Childs PChilds at internode.com.au
Wed Apr 7 19:35:57 EDT 2010

Apart from the legal implications of using software you haven't paid a license for, cisco also restrict access to the ITP IOS images, and even worse than that they restrict access to the ITP configuration manuals.    Their is no actual 'license' loaded on the chassis.   If you have a 2811 Chassis and the ITP-IOS it works.    I assume they will change this at some stage as I believe IOS 15.0+ now has some strange license-key stuff.

The ITP IOS for the 72xx platform also works on dynamips for getting familar with the way it does STP functions and testing lab senarios etc.

Depending on your requirements for E1/T1 signalling links you also need the VWIC-E1/T1-RAN (????) cards.   I found these a little pricey, but noticed that Cisco have some 'bundles' in their 1941 mobile backhaul routers that package a 1941 + qty's of the correct cards at much better pricing that just buying the cards (at say qty levels of 4/5...)

Worth checking out (wish I had figured that before we bought about 14 of those cards *grin*)